Super Simple Smoothie Recipe
Super simple smoothie recipe? Um, yes please. Only it’s not like a bitter green sea monster. But it’s a tasty treat you won’t even know is totally good for you. And you can even make it in those hours before morning coffee…
The spring time change is coming. I’m not a morning person. Not a good combination when looking at losing an hour. I’ve been across the international date line a few times, so I’m no wimp, but early mornings suck, K?
This lil’ simple smoothie recipe is my other easy breakfast. I recently even had my blender repaired (I love that thing – it’s over 10 years old!) So now, I’m a blending machine. Or, I use a blending machine. Or something.
Whatever, just look… here’s the recipe. It’s super simple, and lots of options no matter what you eat. No time or inclination to cook? Go get your real food smoothie on!
- ½ banana
- 1½ cups frozen berries
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach or chopped kale leaves
- 3 oz. plain unsweetened yogurt
- ½ cup fruit juice or milk of your choice
- juice of ½ lemon or orange
- 1-2 tablespoons flax seed meal (optional)
- drizzle of honey, maple syrup or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Place everything in the blender, chop and then puree.
- Add more liquid if needed to blend.
- Drink up!