25 High Protein Recipes
I was recently doing some research into protein foods and the need for higher intake during chemo. I found some great recipes I wanted to share!
I recently discovered that during chemo, you need a higher intake of protein. So interesting! I shared the background, some article links, and tools on my other site, but wanted to share some recipes I found (and some old favorites) as well. They all look so tasty, and I thought you might like them too.
High Protein Snacks and Meals
1. Hummus: My easy recipe for hummus
2. Cowboy Caviar – You could sub out some of the corn for more beans for even more protein
3. Clean Eating 3 Bean Salad: This looks so easy, and would be a great light meal
4. Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry: A luscious looking vegetarian curry
5. Pesto Pork Chops: This is a family favorite
6. Clean Eating Turkey & Garden Vegetable Skillet: This is a one pot meal that could also be served with rice
7. Homemade Granola – My recipe packed with protein rich nuts
8. Pesto Salmon: We make this all the time!
9. Easy Baked Eggs: This is an easy weeknight meal
10. 12 Hearty Meals with Lentils: This looks like a great collection of lentil recipes
11. Korean Kalbi Beef Jerky Recipe – The hubs loves kalbi and beef jerky. Hmmm….
12. The New Movie Snack: Fried Chickpeas – This looks insanely delicious!
13. French Lentil Soup With Barley and Rainbow Chard – This looks so yummy and filling
High Protein Shakes & Smoothies
14. Snickers Bar Protein Smoothie: I’ve made this, and it’s delicious and has everyday ingredients (or substitutions)
15. 5-Minute Homemade Protein Shakes: Some of these look good
16. Strawberry Chia Seed Protein Shake: I would substitute ground flax seeds, since that’s what I have on hand
17. Almond Joy Protein Shake: If you don’t have chocolate protein powder (I don’t), I think you could use vanilla powder, and add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
18. Oat & Berry Protein Shake: This one is easy and straightforward
19. Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Smoothie: Again, if you only have vanilla protein powder, you could add a tablespoon of cocoa powder. You could also add a squirt of honey if you like it sweeter.
20. Chocolate Espresso Protein Smoothie: This appeals to my coffee loving self
21. Vanilla Strawberry Protein Shake: I would substitute the milk of your choice for the water (extra protein), and ground flax for the oil (or leave it out if you have neither).
22. Cookie Dough Protein Shake: Love, love, LOVE this blog – this recipe looks yummy!
23. Mint Chocolate Green Smoothie – I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream, AND I get greens in? Sign me up.
24. Dairy Free Green Protein Smoothie – For those who like dairy-free
25. Easy Coffee Smoothie – Another coffee recipe, and so easy!
Do you have a favorite high protein recipe? Share it in the comments below.