Quiche Lorraine (#CookForJulia #SundaySupper)
Author: Julia Child, from Mastering The Art of French Cooking
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- One 8-inch partially cooked pastry shell, placed on baking sheet
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces, and saute until slightly crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, and spread over the bottom of pastry shell.
- Beat the eggs, half and half, and seasonings in a mixed bowl until blended.
- Pour into pastry shell (there may be some leftover, so just fill it most of the way.)
Recipe by Spoon and Saucer at http://www.spoonandsaucer.com/quiche-lorraine/