Blackberry Lime Cooler
Every party needs a festive drink, but not everyone wants that drink to be of the adult libation variety. Here’s a drink inspired by a cocktail, but something even the little ones can have. Meet the Blackberry Lime Cooler.
It’s that time of summer, and the blackberries are trickling into the markets. I am as happy as a dog with a tennis ball. Well, you know what I mean. And kids, I’m a little bit obsessed with fruit drinks lately. So there.
I like a cocktail, but these days they are few and far between. I don’t know why, I’m just less drawn to them. Also, I drink the “girly drinks” for the most part. So hey, why not cut out the alcohol altogether, and make a beverage everyone can enjoy.
Enter the Blackberry Lime Cooler
I wanted to call this drink a “Blackberry Lime Drench Cooler”. Why “drench”? Well, this drink is inspired by the Mojito (see? girly drink), which apparently comes from the Spanish word “mojar”, which means to “moisten”. I’m drenching my lime with some blackberry syrup, and topping off the flavor with the bright kick of mint. It’s refreshing and super easy to make. But that name was too long, so I shortened it a bit. I’m sure you’re so glad I share these intimate details.
Just go make the drink.
To make this drink, you’ll need Blackberry Syrup.
- Blackberry syrup
- Mint, about 7 leaves per drink
- Lime soda (or sparkling mineral water if you like it less sweet)
- Crushed ice
- Add syrup to cover the bottom of a 12 oz glass (I like to use a pint mason jar)
- Add about 7 leaves of mint, and muddle (that just means smush the mint leaves a little with the blackberry syrup, you can even do that with a wooden spoon.)
- Add enough lime soda to fill the glass halfway.
- Top off with crushed ice to fill the glass.